Central Baptist Church maintains several scholarship and educational grants for active members of the congregation. The Ministry of Trustees invites members of Central Baptist Church to apply for academic assistance for studies at accredited schools of higher education. Each applicant must comply with all written guidelines for academic assistance. Recipients are responsible for complying with the United States Internal Revenue Service rules, and are responsible for discussing academic assistance income with their tax preparer. Members may apply (Application for Academic Assistance & Guidelines) for one or more of the following:
- Central Baptist Church Scholarship Fund - interest from the Scholarship Fund is divided equally among all approved recipients.
- Clarence Wear Memorial Fund - Clarence Jim Wear Memorial Scholarship Guidelines
- Genevieve D. Chatten Memorial Music Scholarship (music major) - Geneviene D Chatten Guidelines
- Nellie Botts Foley Memorial Fund - see Church Office for written guidelines
- Ubert C. Allen Jr. Memorial Fund - Ubert C Allen Scholarship Guidelines
Applications must be presented to the Church Office on or before April 1 for the next academic year.
The American Baptist Churches of the Great Rivers Region administers several scholarship and educational grants for active members of American Baptist Churches in Illinois and Missouri. Central Baptist Church is an active congregation in the Region, therefore, the church encourages its active members to also apply for academic assistance through our denominational partner:
Applications must be presented to the Region Office on or before April 1.
The American Baptist Churches USA (our national denomination) also provides scholarships and educational grants for active members of an American Baptist Church. Members of Central Baptist Church are encouraged to apply for undergraduate, seminary and graduate (Ph.D.) assistance through the The Office of Financial Aid for Studies, National Ministries, ABCUSA. Certain restrictions and deadlines apply.