Central Baptist Church is a friendly place to seek answer to your spiritual questions, get involved in hands-on projects, meet new friends, and worship the Lord in a loving, safe environment. Our vision is to "Bring People In, Lift People Up, and Send People Out in Jesus' Name." We would be delighted if you were our guest on Sunday mornings at 8:30 and 11:00, or Wednesday evenings at 5:00 p.m. Remember, our worship services are free and open to the public.
What Are the Worship Services Like?
Inspiring! Our worship services are designed to help people connect with God and others in a spiritual surrounding. Services focus on upbeat, inspiring music and relevant preaching. Services are offered in English. There are two services on Sundays:
8:30 a.m. Traditional Service: A conservative, classical Christian service expressing historical elements of call to worship, responsive readings, laity worship leaders, assigned scripture readings, organ and traditional hymns, an adult Chancel choir, special music, instrumental ensembles, soloists, the Gloria Patri, Doxology, Lord's Prayer, Children's sermon, mission moments, stewardship highlights, formal pastoral prayers, relevant messages and a benediction. Each service begins with a greeting where members shake hands. Visitors are frequently asked to raise their hands so ushers can identify them. Most members dress professionally for the Traditional service.
11:00 a.m. Contemporary Service: A blended, causal dress (no ties) service which reflects a free style of praise and worship. Worshipers are encouraged to clap or raise their hands, say, "Amen," and greet one another openly. Dr. John Booth (worship leader) and the Worship Band lead contemporary and traditional songs with acoustic and electric guitars, piano, drums and more. This service is ideal for families with young children!
Periodically, we offer special services on Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve. All services are open to the public and free of charge. A free-will offering is received during each service but visitors are not expected to donate.
What door should I use to enter the Church?
There are six entrances to the Church building, not counting the numerous fire exits. Please use the corresponding door for your scheduled activity, or come to Door “C” for the Church Office.
- Main Sanctuary doors nearest 7th Street and Broadway enters into the Sanctuary foyer.
- Door “B” is the Basement door, located on 7th Street. This entrance has easy access to the Fellowship Hall and basement of the church.
- Door “C” is the Church Office door used during the week. Please press the intercom button to the right to be granted access. Handicapped accessible entrance.
- Door “D” is the Discipleship door, located on the south-side of the Church, easily accessible from the South Parking Lot. This entrance gives easy access to classrooms on first floor.
- Door “E” is the Eagle Scout / Boy Scout door, easily accessible from the West Parking Lot.
- Door “F” is the Fellowship Hall door, easily accessible from the West Parking Lot. Handicapped accessible entrance.