CENTRAL will celebrate the 180th Anniversary of “Baptist Witness and Worship” in Quincy in July, 2015. The theme: “Jesus is the same yesterday and today and forever” in Hebrews 13:8. We will REMEMBER YESTERDAY by recalling our history. We will tell of the amazing work God is doing in JESUS TODAY thorugh the Church. We will tell others that JESUS IS FOREVER.
The Ministry of the Diaconate has approved the following plans to celebrate over ten days (July 5 through July 15):
- Sunday, July 5 at 8:30 and 11:00 AM – The Reverend Doctor John Grisham, Area Minister, will preach in the Sanctuary about God’s work in, through, and for the Church.
- Sunday, July 5 at 6:30 PM – The Reverend Doctor Orville Jones will preach in the Sanctuary at 6:30 p.m. We welcome Dr. Jones and the Choir of First Baptist Church of Quincy.
- Wednesday, July 8 at 6:30 PM – All Events Cancelled because of Flooding.
- Sunday, July 12 at 8:30 and 11:00 AM – The Reverend Deliris Carrion, our American Baptist Missionary in Haiti, will share stories in the Sanctuary about God’s work in and through our church missions programs.
- Sunday, July 12 at 5:00 PM – A Carry-In Picnic will be held at 5:00 p.m. in the Church's Fellowship Hall (cafeteria). The Ministry of Family Life will provide the drinks and fried chicken. Individuals and families are encouraged to bring a side dish, salad, and/or dessert. The Reverend and Mrs. (Peggy) V. Clay Noah (retired) will preach in the Sanctuary at 6:30 p.m. The Rev. Noah will recall the wonderful work of God through Central. Plan to stay for Ice Cream Sundaes served by the Ministry of Youth.
- Wednesday, July 15 at 6:30 PM – The Reverend Doctor Larry Mason, Interim Exec. Minister of the Great Rivers Region, will preach in the Sanctuary at 6:30 p.m., with other Regional guests included in worship.
A special free-will offering will be received during each worship service for the on-going ministry of Central Baptist Church.